The Asian Banker Perspectives 25 March 2019
March 25, 2019 | Editorial
The following are our selection of key industry news around the world from our Monday Morning Meeting:
- German lawmakers are split over bankrolling the potential merger between Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank.
- The tightened regulations implemented by The People's Bank of China as well as the lending surge implemented to stimulate China's slowing economy has created the need to raise approximately $260 billion over the next three years.
- Commercial Banks are asking The Bank of Japan to revise its loose monetary policy as banks are unable to earn from their lending services.
- Ayman Hussein, deputy governor of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) plans to launch a $57.8 million (EGP1 billion) fund that will back fintech startups.
- The secretary general of the Union of Arab Banks, Wissam Fattouh, has called on financial institutions in the region to increase their investment in regtech.
- Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das, will meet with fintech companies to discuss how to improve digital loan offerings in the country.
- The Australian Pruden...
Please login to read the complete article. If you already have an account, you can login now or subscribe/register.